The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||b)|| ||'ab|
| ||Father, Huram-abi, ancestors, family, father, father's, fathers, fathers', fathers' households, forefather, forefathers, grandfather, grandfathers, households, sons|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Da 9:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Moreover, we have not listened to Your servants the prophets, who spoke in Your name to our kings, our princes, our fathers and all the people of the land.
- Da 9:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Open shame belongs to us,O Lord, to our kings, our princes and our fathers, because we have sinned against You.
- Da 9:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "O Lord, in accordance with all Your righteous acts, let now Your anger and Your wrath turn away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; for because of our sins and the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people have become a reproach to all those around us.
- Da 11:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "In a time of tranquility he will enter the richest parts of the realm, and he will accomplish what his fathers never did, nor his ancestors; he will distribute plunder, booty and possessions among them, and he will devise his schemes against strongholds, but only for a time.
- Da 11:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.
- Da 11:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But instead he will honor a god of fortresses, a god whom his fathers did not know; he will honor him with gold, silver, costly stones and treasures.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".