The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||b)|| ||'ab|
| ||chief, desire, families, father, fatherless + (0369), forefathers + (07223), patrimony, prince, principal|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Mal 1:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if thenI be a father, where is mine honour? and ifI be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you,O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?
- Mal 2:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?
- Mal 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, andI will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
- Mal 4:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lestI come and smite the earth with a curse.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".