The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1062|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hrwkb|| ||B@kowrah|
| ||birthright, firstborn|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Ge 25:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Jacob said, "First sell me your birthright ."
- Ge 25:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Esau said, "Behold, I am about to die; so of what use then is the birthright to me?"
- Ge 25:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Jacob said, "First swear to me"; so he swore to him, and sold his birthright to Jacob.
- Ge 25:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew; and he ate and drank, and rose and went on his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.
- Ge 27:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then he said, "Is he not rightly named Jacob, for he has supplanted me these two times? He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing ." And he said, "Have you not reserved a blessing for me?"
- Ge 43:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now they were seated before him, the firstborn according to his birthright and the youngest according to his youth, and the men looked at one another in astonishment.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for B@kowrah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".