The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1062|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hrwkb|| ||B@kowrah|
| ||birthright, firstborn, firstling|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ge 4:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
- Ge 25:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
- Ge 25:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Esau said, Behold,I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
- Ge 25:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
- Ge 25:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.
- Ge 27:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he said, Is not he rightly named Jacob? for he hath supplanted me these two times: he took away my birthright; and, behold, now he hath taken away my blessing. And he said, Hast thou not reserved a blessing for me?
- Ge 43:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they sat before him, the firstborn according to his birthright, and the youngest according to his youth: and the men marvelled one at another.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for B@kowrah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".