The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||Ammonites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Ben-hinnom, Gileadites, Israelites, Levites, afflicted, age, aliens, anointed, arrow, arrows, baby, beasts, being, bough, breed, brothers, builders, bull, bulls, calf, calves, child, children, children and children's, children and on the grandchildren, children and their grandchildren, children and your children's, children's, children's children, colt, colts, common, descendants, descendants of the son, deserves, exiles, father, fellow, fellows, fertile, foal, fools, foreigner, foreigners, grandchildren, granddaughters, grandson, heir, high, homeborn, lambs, lay, low, low degree, man, man one old, men, men of low degree, mortal, must, must surely, nephew, nobility, offspring, old, old when his son, one, one born, ones, opening, overnight, people, public, revelers, satellites, scoundrels, sired, slaves, son, son and his grandson, son and your grandson, son of and grandson, son was old, son's, son's son, sons, sons and grandsons, sons and his grandsons, sons and his sons', sons and on his sons', sons and their sons', sons and your grandsons, sons and your sons', sons of the son, sons', sons' sons, sparks, those, those who, those who are doomed, those who were doomed, troops, unfortunate, valiant, warriors, whelps, wicked, young, young goats, young men, youths|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 9 Verses|
- Am 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The words of Amos, who was among the sheepherders from Tekoa, which he envisioned in visions concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam son of Joash, king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.
- Am 1:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus says the LORD, "For three transgressions of the sons of Ammon and for fourI will not revoke its punishment, Because they ripped open the pregnant women of Gilead In order to enlarge their borders.
- Am 2:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "ThenI raised up some of your sons to be prophets And some of your young men to be Nazirites. Is this not so, O sons of Israel ?" declares the LORD.
- Am 3:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Hear this word which the LORD has spoken against you, sons of Israel, against the entire family which He brought up from the land of Egypt:
- Am 3:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus says the LORD, "Just as the shepherd snatches from the lion's mouth a couple of legs or a piece of an ear, So will the sons of Israel dwelling in Samaria be snatched away -- With the corner of a bed and the cover of a couch!
- Am 4:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Offer a thank offering also from that which is leavened, And proclaim freewill offerings, make them known. For so you love to do, you sons of Israel ," Declares the Lord GOD.
- Am 7:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Amos replied to Amaziah, "I am not a prophet, nor amI the son of a prophet; forI am a herdsman and a grower of sycamore figs.
- Am 7:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Therefore, thus says the LORD, 'Your wife will become a harlot in the city, your sons and your daughters will fall by the sword, your land will be parceled up by a measuring line and you yourself will die upon unclean soil. Moreover, Israel will certainly go from its land into exile .'"
- Am 9:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Are you not as the sons of Ethiopia to Me,O sons of Israel ?" declares the LORD. "HaveI not brought up Israel from the land of Egypt, And the Philistines from Caphtor and the Arameans from Kir?
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".