The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||child, children, first, man, misc, old, people, son, stranger, young, young + (01241)|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 9 Verses|
- Am 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The words of Amos, who was among the herdmen of Tekoa, which he saw concerning Israel in the days of Uzziah king of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash king of Israel, two years before the earthquake.
- Am 1:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith the LORD; For three transgressions of the children of Ammon, and for four,I will not turn away the punishment thereof; because they have ripped up the women with child of Gilead, that they might enlarge their border:
- Am 2:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI raised up of your sons for prophets, and of your young men for Nazarites. Is it not even thus,O ye children of Israel? saith the LORD.
- Am 3:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Hear this word that the LORD hath spoken against you,O children of Israel, against the whole family whichI brought up from the land of Egypt, saying,
- Am 3:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith the LORD; As the shepherd taketh out of the mouth of the lion two legs, or a piece of an ear; so shall the children of Israel be taken out that dwell in Samaria in the corner of a bed, and in Damascus in a couch.
- Am 4:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you,O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
- Am 7:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah,I was no prophet, neither wasI a prophet's son; butI was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:
- Am 7:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore thus saith the LORD; Thy wife shall be an harlot in the city, and thy sons and thy daughters shall fall by the sword, and thy land shall be divided by line; and thou shalt die in a polluted land: and Israel shall surely go into captivity forth of his land.
- Am 9:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me,O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have notI brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".