The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||Ammonites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Ben-hinnom, Gileadites, Israelites, Levites, afflicted, age, aliens, anointed, arrow, arrows, baby, beasts, being, bough, breed, brothers, builders, bull, bulls, calf, calves, child, children, children and children's, children and on the grandchildren, children and their grandchildren, children and your children's, children's, children's children, colt, colts, common, descendants, descendants of the son, deserves, exiles, father, fellow, fellows, fertile, foal, fools, foreigner, foreigners, grandchildren, granddaughters, grandson, heir, high, homeborn, lambs, lay, low, low degree, man, man one old, men, men of low degree, mortal, must, must surely, nephew, nobility, offspring, old, old when his son, one, one born, ones, opening, overnight, people, public, revelers, satellites, scoundrels, sired, slaves, son, son and his grandson, son and your grandson, son of and grandson, son was old, son's, son's son, sons, sons and grandsons, sons and his grandsons, sons and his sons', sons and on his sons', sons and their sons', sons and your grandsons, sons and your sons', sons of the son, sons', sons' sons, sparks, those, those who, those who are doomed, those who were doomed, troops, unfortunate, valiant, warriors, whelps, wicked, young, young goats, young men, youths|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 15 Verses|
- Ec 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.
- Ec 1:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with.
- Ec 2:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I explored with my mind how to stimulate my body with wine while my mind was guiding me wisely, and how to take hold of folly, untilI could see what good there is for the sons of men to do under heaven the few years of their lives.
- Ec 2:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I bought male and female slaves andI had homeborn slaves. AlsoI possessed flocks and herds larger than all who preceded me in Jerusalem.
- Ec 2:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also, I collected for myself silver and gold and the treasure of kings and provinces. I provided for myself male and female singers and the pleasures of men --many concubines.
- Ec 3:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I have seen the task which God has given the sons of men with which to occupy themselves.
- Ec 3:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I said to myself concerning the sons of men, "God has surely tested them in order for them to see that they are but beasts ."
- Ec 3:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
- Ec 4:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- There was a certain man without a dependent, having neither a son nor a brother, yet there was no end to all his labor. Indeed, his eyes were not satisfied with riches and he never asked, "And for whom amI laboring and depriving myself of pleasure ?" This too is vanity and it is a grievous task.
- Ec 5:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When those riches were lost through a bad investment and he had fathered a son, then there was nothing to support him.
- Ec 8:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, therefore the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.
- Ec 9:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- This is an evil in all that is done under the sun, that there is one fate for all men. Furthermore, the hearts of the sons of men are full of evil and insanity is in their hearts throughout their lives. Afterwards they go to the dead.
- Ec 9:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Moreover, man does not know his time: like fish caught in a treacherous net and birds trapped in a snare, so the sons of men are ensnared at an evil time when it suddenly falls on them.
- Ec 10:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Blessed are you,O land, whose king is of nobility and whose princes eat at the appropriate time --for strength and not for drunkenness.
- Ec 12:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".