The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||Ammonites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Ben-hinnom, Gileadites, Israelites, Levites, afflicted, age, aliens, anointed, arrow, arrows, baby, beasts, being, bough, breed, brothers, builders, bull, bulls, calf, calves, child, children, children and children's, children and on the grandchildren, children and their grandchildren, children and your children's, children's, children's children, colt, colts, common, descendants, descendants of the son, deserves, exiles, father, fellow, fellows, fertile, foal, fools, foreigner, foreigners, grandchildren, granddaughters, grandson, heir, high, homeborn, lambs, lay, low, low degree, man, man one old, men, men of low degree, mortal, must, must surely, nephew, nobility, offspring, old, old when his son, one, one born, ones, opening, overnight, people, public, revelers, satellites, scoundrels, sired, slaves, son, son and his grandson, son and your grandson, son of and grandson, son was old, son's, son's son, sons, sons and grandsons, sons and his grandsons, sons and his sons', sons and on his sons', sons and their sons', sons and your grandsons, sons and your sons', sons of the son, sons', sons' sons, sparks, those, those who, those who are doomed, those who were doomed, troops, unfortunate, valiant, warriors, whelps, wicked, young, young goats, young men, youths|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 12 Verses|
- Es 2:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now there was at the citadel in Susa a Jew whose name was Mordecai, the son of Jair, the son of Shimei, the son of Kish, a Benjamite,
- Es 3:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- After these events King Ahasuerus promoted Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, and advanced him and established his authority over all the princes who were with him.
- Es 3:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the king took his signet ring from his hand and gave it to Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, the enemy of the Jews.
- Es 5:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Haman recounted to them the glory of his riches, and the number of his sons, and every instance where the king had magnified him and how he had promoted him above the princes and servants of the king.
- Es 8:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then she said, "If it pleases the king and ifI have found favor before him and the matter seems proper to the king andI am pleasing in his sight, let it be written to revoke the letters devised by Haman, the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, which he wrote to destroy the Jews who are in all the king's provinces.
- Es 8:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He wrote in the name of King Ahasuerus, and sealed it with the king's signet ring, and sent letters by couriers on horses, riding on steeds sired by the royal stud.
- Es 9:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- the ten sons of Haman the son of Hammedatha, the Jews' enemy; but they did not lay their hands on the plunder.
- Es 9:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The king said to Queen Esther, "The Jews have killed and destroyed five hundred men and the ten sons of Haman at the citadel in Susa. What then have they done in the rest of the king's provinces! Now what is your petition? It shall even be granted you. And what is your further request? It shall also be done ."
- Es 9:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then said Esther, "If it pleases the king, let tomorrow also be granted to the Jews who are in Susa to do according to the edict of today; and let Haman's ten sons be hanged on the gallows ."
- Es 9:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the king commanded that it should be done so; and an edict was issued in Susa, and Haman's ten sons were hanged.
- Es 9:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For Haman the son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, the adversary of all the Jews, had schemed against the Jews to destroy them and had cast Pur, that is the lot, to disturb them and destroy them.
- Es 9:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But when it came to the king's attention, he commanded by letter that his wicked scheme which he had devised against the Jews, should return on his own head and that he and his sons should be hanged on the gallows.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".