The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||Ammonites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Ben-hinnom, Gileadites, Israelites, Levites, afflicted, age, aliens, anointed, arrow, arrows, baby, beasts, being, bough, breed, brothers, builders, bull, bulls, calf, calves, child, children, children and children's, children and on the grandchildren, children and their grandchildren, children and your children's, children's, children's children, colt, colts, common, descendants, descendants of the son, deserves, exiles, father, fellow, fellows, fertile, foal, fools, foreigner, foreigners, grandchildren, granddaughters, grandson, heir, high, homeborn, lambs, lay, low, low degree, man, man one old, men, men of low degree, mortal, must, must surely, nephew, nobility, offspring, old, old when his son, one, one born, ones, opening, overnight, people, public, revelers, satellites, scoundrels, sired, slaves, son, son and his grandson, son and your grandson, son of and grandson, son was old, son's, son's son, sons, sons and grandsons, sons and his grandsons, sons and his sons', sons and on his sons', sons and their sons', sons and your grandsons, sons and your sons', sons of the son, sons', sons' sons, sparks, those, those who, those who are doomed, those who were doomed, troops, unfortunate, valiant, warriors, whelps, wicked, young, young goats, young men, youths|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 19 Verses|
- Ho 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The word of the LORD which came to Hosea the son of Beeri, during the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and during the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel.
- Ho 1:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
- Ho 1:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived and gave birth to a son.
- Ho 1:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Yet the number of the sons of Israel Will be like the sand of the sea, Which cannot be measured or numbered; And in the place Where it is said to them, "You are not My people ," It will be said to them, "You are the sons of the living God ."
- Ho 1:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel will be gathered together, And they will appoint for themselves one leader, And they will go up from the land, For great will be the day of Jezreel.
- Ho 2:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Also,I will have no compassion on her children, Because they are children of harlotry.
- Ho 3:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the LORD said to me, "Go again, love a woman who is loved by her husband, yet an adulteress, even as the LORD loves the sons of Israel, though they turn to other gods and love raisin cakes ."
- Ho 3:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the sons of Israel will remain for many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar and without ephod or household idols.
- Ho 3:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the LORD their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the LORD and to His goodness in the last days.
- Ho 4:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Listen to the word of the LORD, O sons of Israel, For the LORD has a case against the inhabitants of the land, Because there is no faithfulness or kindness Or knowledge of God in the land.
- Ho 4:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.
- Ho 5:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They have dealt treacherously against the LORD, For they have borne illegitimate children. Now the new moon will devour them with their land.
- Ho 9:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Though they bring up their children, YetI will bereave them until not a man is left. Yes, woe to them indeed whenI depart from them!
- Ho 9:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Ephraim, asI have seen, Is planted in a pleasant meadow like Tyre; But Ephraim will bring out his children for slaughter.
- Ho 10:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- From the days of Gibeah you have sinned, O Israel; There they stand! Will not the battle against the sons of iniquity overtake them in Gibeah?
- Ho 10:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore a tumult will arise among your people, And all your fortresses will be destroyed, As Shalman destroyed Beth-arbel on the day of battle, When mothers were dashed in pieces with their children.
- Ho 11:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Israel was a youthI loved him, And out of EgyptI called My son.
- Ho 11:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They will walk after the LORD, He will roar like a lion; Indeed He will roar And His sons will come trembling from the west.
- Ho 13:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The pains of childbirth come upon him; He is not a wise son, For it is not the time that he should delay at the opening of the womb.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".