The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||Ammonites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Ben-hinnom, Gileadites, Israelites, Levites, afflicted, age, aliens, anointed, arrow, arrows, baby, beasts, being, bough, breed, brothers, builders, bull, bulls, calf, calves, child, children, children and children's, children and on the grandchildren, children and their grandchildren, children and your children's, children's, children's children, colt, colts, common, descendants, descendants of the son, deserves, exiles, father, fellow, fellows, fertile, foal, fools, foreigner, foreigners, grandchildren, granddaughters, grandson, heir, high, homeborn, lambs, lay, low, low degree, man, man one old, men, men of low degree, mortal, must, must surely, nephew, nobility, offspring, old, old when his son, one, one born, ones, opening, overnight, people, public, revelers, satellites, scoundrels, sired, slaves, son, son and his grandson, son and your grandson, son of and grandson, son was old, son's, son's son, sons, sons and grandsons, sons and his grandsons, sons and his sons', sons and on his sons', sons and their sons', sons and your grandsons, sons and your sons', sons of the son, sons', sons' sons, sparks, those, those who, those who are doomed, those who were doomed, troops, unfortunate, valiant, warriors, whelps, wicked, young, young goats, young men, youths|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 9 Verses|
- Joe 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The word of the LORD that came to Joel, the son of Pethuel:
- Joe 1:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Tell your sons about it, And let your sons tell their sons, And their sons the next generation.
- Joe 1:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The vine dries up And the fig tree fails; The pomegranate, the palm also, and the apple tree, All the trees of the field dry up. Indeed, rejoicing dries up From the sons of men.
- Joe 2:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So rejoice, O sons of Zion, And be glad in the LORD your God; For He has given you the early rain for your vindication. And He has poured down for you the rain, The early and latter rain as before.
- Joe 2:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "It will come about after this ThatI will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, Your young men will see visions.
- Joe 3:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and sold the sons of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks in order to remove them far from their territory,
- Joe 3:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "AlsoI will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the sons of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans, to a distant nation ," for the LORD has spoken.
- Joe 3:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The LORD roars from Zion And utters His voice from Jerusalem, And the heavens and the earth tremble. But the LORD is a refuge for His people And a stronghold to the sons of Israel.
- Joe 3:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Egypt will become a waste, And Edom will become a desolate wilderness, Because of the violence done to the sons of Judah, In whose land they have shed innocent blood.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".