The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||Ammonites, Assyrians, Babylonians, Ben-hinnom, Gileadites, Israelites, Levites, afflicted, age, aliens, anointed, arrow, arrows, baby, beasts, being, bough, breed, brothers, builders, bull, bulls, calf, calves, child, children, children and children's, children and on the grandchildren, children and their grandchildren, children and your children's, children's, children's children, colt, colts, common, descendants, descendants of the son, deserves, exiles, father, fellow, fellows, fertile, foal, fools, foreigner, foreigners, grandchildren, granddaughters, grandson, heir, high, homeborn, lambs, lay, low, low degree, man, man one old, men, men of low degree, mortal, must, must surely, nephew, nobility, offspring, old, old when his son, one, one born, ones, opening, overnight, people, public, revelers, satellites, scoundrels, sired, slaves, son, son and his grandson, son and your grandson, son of and grandson, son was old, son's, son's son, sons, sons and grandsons, sons and his grandsons, sons and his sons', sons and on his sons', sons and their sons', sons and your grandsons, sons and your sons', sons of the son, sons', sons' sons, sparks, those, those who, those who are doomed, those who were doomed, troops, unfortunate, valiant, warriors, whelps, wicked, young, young goats, young men, youths|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Ru 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now it came about in the days when the judges governed, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehem in Judah went to sojourn in the land of Moab with his wife and his two sons.
- Ru 1:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife, Naomi; and the names of his two sons were Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehem in Judah. Now they entered the land of Moab and remained there.
- Ru 1:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Elimelech, Naomi's husband, died; and she was left with her two sons.
- Ru 1:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Naomi said, "Return, my daughters. Why should you go with me? HaveI yet sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
- Ru 1:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Return, my daughters! Go, forI am too old to have a husband. IfI saidI have hope, ifI should even have a husband tonight and also bear sons,
- Ru 4:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Boaz took Ruth, and she became his wife, and he went in to her. And the LORD enabled her to conceive, and she gave birth to a son.
- Ru 4:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "May he also be to you a restorer of life and a sustainer of your old age; for your daughter-in-law, who loves you and is better to you than seven sons, has given birth to him."
- Ru 4:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The neighbor women gave him a name, saying, "A son has been born to Naomi !" So they named him Obed. He is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".