The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1121|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ab|| ||Ben|
| ||child, children, first, man, misc, old, people, son, stranger, young, young + (01241)|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Ru 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now it came to pass in the days when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land. And a certain man of Bethlehemjudah went to sojourn in the country of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.
- Ru 1:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehemjudah. And they came into the country of Moab, and continued there.
- Ru 1:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Elimelech Naomi's husband died; and she was left, and her two sons.
- Ru 1:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Naomi said, Turn again, my daughters: why will ye go with me? are there yet any more sons in my womb, that they may be your husbands?
- Ru 1:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Turn again, my daughters, go your way; forI am too old to have an husband. IfI should say, I have hope, ifI should have an husband also to night, and should also bear sons;
- Ru 4:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the LORD gave her conception, and she bare a son.
- Ru 4:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
- Ru 4:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".