The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1240|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rqb|| ||B@qar (Aramaic)|
| ||inquire, search, search be conducted, search has been made, search was made|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ezr 4:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- so that a search may be made in the record books of your fathers. And you will discover in the record books and learn that that city is a rebellious city and damaging to kings and provinces, and that they have incited revolt within it in past days; therefore that city was laid waste.
- Ezr 4:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "A decree has been issued by me, and a search has been made and it has been discovered that that city has risen up against the kings in past days, that rebellion and revolt have been perpetrated in it,
- Ezr 5:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Now if it pleases the king, let a search be conducted in the king's treasure house, which is there in Babylon, if it be that a decree was issued by King Cyrus to rebuild this house of God at Jerusalem; and let the king send to us his decision concerning this matter."
- Ezr 6:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then King Darius issued a decree, and search was made in the archives, where the treasures were stored in Babylon.
- Ezr 7:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Forasmuch as you are sent by the king and his seven counselors to inquire concerning Judah and Jerusalem according to the law of your God which is in your hand,
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for B@qar (Aramaic)". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".