The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1240|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rqb|| ||B@qar (Aramaic)|
| ||enquire, make search|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ezr 4:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That search may be made in the book of the records of thy fathers: so shalt thou find in the book of the records, and know that this city is a rebellious city, and hurtful unto kings and provinces, and that they have moved sedition within the same of old time: for which cause was this city destroyed.
- Ezr 4:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI commanded, and search hath been made, and it is found that this city of old time hath made insurrection against kings, and that rebellion and sedition have been made therein.
- Ezr 5:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore, if it seem good to the king, let there be search made in the king's treasure house, which is there at Babylon, whether it be so, that a decree was made of Cyrus the king to build this house of God at Jerusalem, and let the king send his pleasure to us concerning this matter.
- Ezr 6:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Darius the king made a decree, and search was made in the house of the rolls, where the treasures were laid up in Babylon.
- Ezr 7:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Forasmuch as thou art sent of the king, and of his seven counsellors, to enquire concerning Judah and Jerusalem, according to the law of thy God which is in thine hand;
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for B@qar (Aramaic)". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".