The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1242|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rqb|| ||Boqer|
| ||dawn, day, daybreak, every morning, morning, mornings, soon, tomorrow morning|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 2Ki 3:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- It happened in the morning about the time of offering the sacrifice, that behold, water came by the way of Edom, and the country was filled with water.
- 2Ki 3:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They rose early in the morning, and the sun shone on the water, and the Moabites saw the water opposite them as red as blood.
- 2Ki 7:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then they said to one another, "We are not doing right. This day is a day of good news, but we are keeping silent; if we wait until morning light, punishment will overtake us. Now therefore come, let us go and tell the king's household ."
- 2Ki 10:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When the messenger came and told him, saying, "They have brought the heads of the king's sons ," he said, "Put them in two heaps at the entrance of the gate until morning ."
- 2Ki 10:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now in the morning he went out and stood and said to all the people, "You are innocent; behold, I conspired against my master and killed him, but who killed all these?
- 2Ki 16:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then King Ahaz commanded Urijah the priest, saying, "Upon the great altar burn the morning burnt offering and the evening meal offering and the king's burnt offering and his meal offering, with the burnt offering of all the people of the land and their meal offering and their drink offerings; and sprinkle on it all the blood of the burnt offering and all the blood of the sacrifice. But the bronze altar shall be for me to inquire by."
- 2Ki 19:35 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then it happened that night that the angel of the LORD went out and struck 185,000 in the camp of the Assyrians; and when men rose early in the morning, behold, all of them were dead.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Boqer". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".