The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1892|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||lbh|| ||Hebel|
| ||breath, delusion, emptily, emptiness, fleeting, fraud, futile, futility, idols, mere breath, nothing, useless, vain, vainly, vanity, vanity of vanities, vapor, worthless|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Isa 30:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Even Egypt, whose help is vain and empty. Therefore, I have called her "Rahab who has been exterminated ."
- Isa 49:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ButI said, "I have toiled in vain, I have spent My strength for nothing and vanity; Yet surely the justice due to Me is with the LORD, And My reward with My God ."
- Isa 57:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "When you cry out, let your collection of idols deliver you. But the wind will carry all of them up, And a breath will take them away. But he who takes refuge in Me will inherit the land And will possess My holy mountain ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Hebel". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".