The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1892|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||lbh|| ||Hebel|
| ||altogether, vain, vanity|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Isa 30:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the Egyptians shall help in vain, and to no purpose: therefore haveI cried concerning this, Their strength is to sit still.
- Isa 49:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThenI said, I have laboured in vain,I have spent my strength for nought, and in vain: yet surely my judgment is with the LORD, and my work with my God.
- Isa 57:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When thou criest, let thy companies deliver thee; but the wind shall carry them all away; vanity shall take them: but he that putteth his trust in me shall possess the land, and shall inherit my holy mountain;
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Hebel". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".