The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1893|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||lbh|| ||Hebel|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ge 4:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Again, she gave birth to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of flocks, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
- Ge 4:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Abel, on his part also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and for his offering;
- Ge 4:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Cain told Abel his brother. And it came about when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother and killed him.
- Ge 4:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the LORD said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother ?" And he said, "I do not know. AmI my brother's keeper ?"
- Ge 4:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Adam had relations with his wife again; and she gave birth to a son, and named him Seth, for, she said, "God has appointed me another offspring in place of Abel, for Cain killed him."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Hebel". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".