The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1893|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||lbh|| ||Hebel|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ge 4:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
- Ge 4:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
- Ge 4:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.
- Ge 4:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: AmI my brother's keeper?
- Ge 4:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Hebel". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".