The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2388|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qzx|| ||Chazaq|
| ||caught, courage, encourage, harden, hold, misc, prevail, repair, strengthen, strengthened, strong, stronger, take|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Job 2:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
- Job 2:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.
- Job 4:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Behold, thou hast instructed many, and thou hast strengthened the weak hands.
- Job 8:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He shall lean upon his house, but it shall not stand: he shall hold it fast, but it shall not endure.
- Job 8:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers:
- Job 18:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The gin shall take him by the heel, and the robber shall prevail against him.
- Job 27:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- My righteousnessI hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long asI live.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chazaq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".