The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2470|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hlx|| ||Chalah|
| ||...sick, be diseased, be weak, beseech, grief, grieved, grievous, infirmity, intreat, intreated, laid, make suit, pain, pray, prayer, sore, sorry, supplication, travail, wounded|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- 1Sa 13:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore said I, The Philistines will come down now upon me to Gilgal, andI have not made supplication unto the LORD:I forced myself therefore, and offered a burnt offering.
- 1Sa 19:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when Saul sent messengers to take David, she said, He is sick.
- 1Sa 22:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That all of you have conspired against me, and there is none that sheweth me that my son hath made a league with the son of Jesse, and there is none of you that is sorry for me, or sheweth unto me that my son hath stirred up my servant against me, to lie in wait, as at this day?
- 1Sa 30:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David said unto him, To whom belongest thou? and whence art thou? And he said, I am a young man of Egypt, servant to an Amalekite; and my master left me, because three days agoneI fell sick.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".