The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2470|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hlx|| ||Chalah|
| ||...sick, be diseased, be weak, beseech, grief, grieved, grievous, infirmity, intreat, intreated, laid, make suit, pain, pray, prayer, sore, sorry, supplication, travail, wounded|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- 2Sa 13:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Amnon was so vexed, that he fell sick for his sister Tamar; for she was a virgin; and Amnon thought it hard for him to do any thing to her.
- 2Sa 13:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Jonadab said unto him, Lay thee down on thy bed, and make thyself sick: and when thy father cometh to see thee, say unto him,I pray thee, let my sister Tamar come, and give me meat, and dress the meat in my sight, thatI may see it, and eat it at her hand.
- 2Sa 13:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Amnon lay down, and made himself sick: and when the king was come to see him, Amnon said unto the king,I pray thee, let Tamar my sister come, and make me a couple of cakes in my sight, thatI may eat at her hand.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".