The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2470|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hlx|| ||Chalah|
| ||...sick, be diseased, be weak, beseech, grief, grieved, grievous, infirmity, intreat, intreated, laid, make suit, pain, pray, prayer, sore, sorry, supplication, travail, wounded|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Isa 14:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
- Isa 17:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: but the harvest shall be a heap in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow.
- Isa 33:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.
- Isa 38:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live.
- Isa 38:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The writing of Hezekiah king of Judah, when he had been sick, and was recovered of his sickness:
- Isa 39:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- At that time Merodachbaladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah: for he had heard that he had been sick, and was recovered.
- Isa 53:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
- Isa 57:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thou art wearied in the greatness of thy way; yet saidst thou not, There is no hope: thou hast found the life of thine hand; therefore thou wast not grieved.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".