The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2470|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hlx|| ||Chalah|
| ||...sick, be diseased, be weak, beseech, grief, grieved, grievous, infirmity, intreat, intreated, laid, make suit, pain, pray, prayer, sore, sorry, supplication, travail, wounded|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Jer 4:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ForI have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.
- Jer 10:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous: butI said, Truly this is a grief, andI must bear it.
- Jer 12:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They have sown wheat, but shall reap thorns: they have put themselves to pain, but shall not profit: and they shall be ashamed of your revenues because of the fierce anger of the LORD.
- Jer 14:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore thou shalt say this word unto them; Let mine eyes run down with tears night and day, and let them not cease: for the virgin daughter of my people is broken with a great breach, with a very grievous blow.
- Jer 26:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Did Hezekiah king of Judah and all Judah put him at all to death? did he not fear the LORD, and besought the LORD, and the LORD repented him of the evil which he had pronounced against them? Thus might we procure great evil against our souls.
- Jer 30:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For thus saith the LORD, Thy bruise is incurable, and thy wound is grievous.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".