The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2472|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ewlx|| ||Chalowm|
| ||dream, dreamer, dreamers, dreams|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Jer 23:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- who intend to make My people forget My name by their dreams which they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot My name because of Baal?
- Jer 23:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The prophet who has a dream may relate his dream, but let him who has My word speak My word in truth. What does straw have in common with grain ?" declares the LORD.
- Jer 23:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Behold, I am against those who have prophesied false dreams ," declares the LORD, "and related them and led My people astray by their falsehoods and reckless boasting; yetI did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit ," declares the LORD.
- Jer 27:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But as for you, do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your soothsayers or your sorcerers who speak to you, saying, 'You will not serve the king of Babylon .'
- Jer 29:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "For thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, 'Do not let your prophets who are in your midst and your diviners deceive you, and do not listen to the dreams which they dream.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalowm". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".