The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2505|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qlx|| ||Chalaq|
| ||allot him a portion, allotted, apportion, apportions, assigned, disperse, distribute, distributed, divide, divided, divides, dividing, faithless, flatter, flatters, given her a share, parcel, parceled, partner, portion, scattered, share, smoother, smooths, take possession, take possession of some property, took a portion|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- 1Ch 16:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He distributed to everyone of Israel, both man and woman, to everyone a loaf of bread and a portion of meat and a raisin cake.
- 1Ch 23:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- David divided them into divisions according to the sons of Levi: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.
- 1Ch 24:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- David, with Zadok of the sons of Eleazar and Ahimelech of the sons of Ithamar, divided them according to their offices for their ministry.
- 1Ch 24:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Since more chief men were found from the descendants of Eleazar than the descendants of Ithamar, they divided them thus: there were sixteen heads of fathers' households of the descendants of Eleazar and eight of the descendants of Ithamar, according to their fathers' households.
- 1Ch 24:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus they were divided by lot, the one as the other; for they were officers of the sanctuary and officers of God, both from the descendants of Eleazar and the descendants of Ithamar.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalaq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".