The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2505|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qlx|| ||Chalaq|
| ||allot him a portion, allotted, apportion, apportions, assigned, disperse, distribute, distributed, divide, divided, divides, dividing, faithless, flatter, flatters, given her a share, parcel, parceled, partner, portion, scattered, share, smoother, smooths, take possession, take possession of some property, took a portion|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Isa 9:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- You shall multiply the nation, You shall increase their gladness; They will be glad in Your presence As with the gladness of harvest, As men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
- Isa 33:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Your tackle hangs slack; It cannot hold the base of its mast firmly, Nor spread out the sail. Then the prey of an abundant spoil will be divided; The lame will take the plunder.
- Isa 34:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He has cast the lot for them, And His hand has divided it to them by line. They shall possess it forever; From generation to generation they will dwell in it.
- Isa 41:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the craftsman encourages the smelter, And he who smooths metal with the hammer encourages him who beats the anvil, Saying of the soldering, "It is good "; And he fastens it with nails, So that it will not totter.
- Isa 53:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalaq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".