The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2505|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qlx|| ||Chalaq|
| ||dealt, distribute, divide, flatter, given, imparted, part, partner, portion, received, separate, smoother|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Isa 9:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thou hast multiplied the nation, and not increased the joy: they joy before thee according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
- Isa 33:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey.
- Isa 34:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he hath cast the lot for them, and his hand hath divided it unto them by line: they shall possess it for ever, from generation to generation shall they dwell therein.
- Isa 41:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved.
- Isa 53:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore willI divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalaq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".