The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2505|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qlx|| ||Chalaq|
| ||allot him a portion, allotted, apportion, apportions, assigned, disperse, distribute, distributed, divide, divided, divides, dividing, faithless, flatter, flatters, given her a share, parcel, parceled, partner, portion, scattered, share, smoother, smooths, take possession, take possession of some property, took a portion|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Jos 13:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Now therefore, apportion this land for an inheritance to the nine tribes and the half-tribe of Manasseh ."
- Jos 14:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus the sons of Israel did just as the LORD had commanded Moses, and they divided the land.
- Jos 18:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- There remained among the sons of Israel seven tribes who had not divided their inheritance.
- Jos 18:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "They shall divide it into seven portions; Judah shall stay in its territory on the south, and the house of Joseph shall stay in their territory on the north.
- Jos 18:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Joshua cast lots for them in Shiloh before the LORD, and there Joshua divided the land to the sons of Israel according to their divisions.
- Jos 19:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- These are the inheritances which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the households of the tribes of the sons of Israel distributed by lot in Shiloh before the LORD at the doorway of the tent of meeting. So they finished dividing the land.
- Jos 22:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and said to them, "Return to your tents with great riches and with very much livestock, with silver, gold, bronze, iron, and with very many clothes; divide the spoil of your enemies with your brothers ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalaq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".