The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2505|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||qlx|| ||Chalaq|
| ||dealt, distribute, divide, flatter, given, imparted, part, partner, portion, received, separate, smoother|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Jos 13:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore divide this land for an inheritance unto the nine tribes, and the half tribe of Manasseh,
- Jos 14:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- As the LORD commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did, and they divided the land.
- Jos 18:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes, which had not yet received their inheritance.
- Jos 18:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they shall divide it into seven parts: Judah shall abide in their coast on the south, and the house of Joseph shall abide in their coasts on the north.
- Jos 18:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Joshua cast lots for them in Shiloh before the LORD: and there Joshua divided the land unto the children of Israel according to their divisions.
- Jos 19:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- These are the inheritances, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, divided for an inheritance by lot in Shiloh before the LORD, at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. So they made an end of dividing the country.
- Jos 22:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he spake unto them, saying, Return with much riches unto your tents, and with very much cattle, with silver, and with gold, and with brass, and with iron, and with very much raiment: divide the spoil of your enemies with your brethren.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Chalaq". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".