The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2931|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)m+|| ||Tame'|
| ||defiled, infamous, polluted, pollution, unclean|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Isa 6:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then said I, Woe is me! forI am undone; becauseI am a man of unclean lips, andI dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
- Isa 35:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.
- Isa 52:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Awake, awake; put on thy strength,O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments,O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
- Isa 52:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her; be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD.
- Isa 64:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Tame'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".