The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2975|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||r(y|| ||Y@`or|
| ||Nile, Nile canals, canals, channels, river, rivers, streams|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Eze 29:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Speak and say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I am against you, Pharaoh king of Egypt, The great monster that lies in the midst of his rivers, That has said, 'My Nile is mine, andI myself have made it.'
- Eze 29:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I will put hooks in your jaws And make the fish of your rivers cling to your scales. AndI will bring you up out of the midst of your rivers, And all the fish of your rivers will cling to your scales.
- Eze 29:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I will abandon you to the wilderness, you and all the fish of your rivers; You will fall on the open field; you will not be brought together or gathered. I have given you for food to the beasts of the earth and to the birds of the sky.
- Eze 29:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The land of Egypt will become a desolation and waste. Then they will know thatI am the LORD. Because you said, 'The Nile is mine, andI have made it,'
- Eze 29:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- therefore, behold, I am against you and against your rivers, andI will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol to Syene and even to the border of Ethiopia.
- Eze 30:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Moreover,I will make the Nile canals dry And sell the land into the hands of evil men. AndI will make the land desolate And all that is in it, By the hand of strangers; I the LORD have spoken ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Y@`or". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".