The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3117|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ewy|| ||Yowm|
| ||Chronicles, afternoon, age, all, always, amount, battle, birthday, completely, continually, course, daily, daily the days, day, day of the days, day that the period, day's, day's every day, daylight, days, days ago, days on the day, days to day, days you shall daily, days', each, each day, entire, eternity, evening, ever in your life, every day, fate, first, forever, forevermore, full, full year, future, holiday, later, length, life, lifetime, live, long, long as i live, midday, now, older, once, period, perpetually, present, recently, reigns, ripe, short-lived, so long, some time, survived, time, times, today, usual, very old, when, when the days, whenever, while, whole, year, yearly, years, yesterday|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 14 Verses|
- Zep 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The word of the LORD which came to Zephaniah son of Cushi, son of Gedaliah, son of Amariah, son of Hezekiah, in the days of Josiah son of Amon, king of Judah:
- Zep 1:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Be silent before the Lord GOD! For the day of the LORD is near, For the LORD has prepared a sacrifice, He has consecrated His guests.
- Zep 1:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Then it will come about on the day of the LORD'S sacrifice ThatI will punish the princes, the king's sons And all who clothe themselves with foreign garments.
- Zep 1:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "AndI will punish on that day all who leap on the temple threshold, Who fill the house of their lord with violence and deceit.
- Zep 1:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "On that day ," declares the LORD, "There will be the sound of a cry from the Fish Gate, A wail from the Second Quarter, And a loud crash from the hills.
- Zep 1:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Near is the great day of the LORD, Near and coming very quickly; Listen, the day of the LORD! In it the warrior cries out bitterly.
- Zep 1:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- A day of wrath is that day, A day of trouble and distress, A day of destruction and desolation, A day of darkness and gloom, A day of clouds and thick darkness,
- Zep 1:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- A day of trumpet and battle cry Against the fortified cities And the high corner towers.
- Zep 1:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Neither their silver nor their gold Will be able to deliver them On the day of the LORD'S wrath; And all the earth will be devoured In the fire of His jealousy, For He will make a complete end, Indeed a terrifying one, Of all the inhabitants of the earth.
- Zep 2:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Before the decree takes effect -- The day passes like the chaff -- Before the burning anger of the LORD comes upon you, Before the day of the LORD'S anger comes upon you.
- Zep 2:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Seek the LORD, All you humble of the earth Who have carried out His ordinances; Seek righteousness, seek humility. Perhaps you will be hidden In the day of the LORD'S anger.
- Zep 3:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Therefore wait for Me," declares the LORD, "For the day whenI rise up as a witness. Indeed, My decision is to gather nations, To assemble kingdoms, To pour out on them My indignation, All My burning anger; For all the earth will be devoured By the fire of My zeal.
- Zep 3:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "In that day you will feel no shame Because of all your deeds By which you have rebelled against Me; For thenI will remove from your midst Your proud, exulting ones, And you will never again be haughty On My holy mountain.
- Zep 3:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In that day it will be said to Jerusalem: "Do not be afraid, O Zion; Do not let your hands fall limp.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yowm". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".