The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3256|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rsy|| ||Yacar|
| ||admonished, chasten, chastens, chastise, chastised, correct, corrects, discipline, disciplined, disciplined me severely, disciplines, disciplining, gave instruction, instructed, instructs, punish, take warning, taught, trained, turned, warned|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Jer 2:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Your own wickedness will correct you, And your apostasies will reprove you; Know therefore and see that it is evil and bitter For you to forsake the LORD your God, And the dread of Me is not in you," declares the Lord GOD of hosts.
- Jer 6:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Be warned, O Jerusalem, OrI shall be alienated from you, And make you a desolation, A land not inhabited ."
- Jer 10:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Correct me,O LORD, but with justice; Not with Your anger, or You will bring me to nothing.
- Jer 30:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'ForI am with you,' declares the LORD, 'to save you; ForI will destroy completely all the nations whereI have scattered you, OnlyI will not destroy you completely. ButI will chasten you justly And will by no means leave you unpunished .'
- Jer 31:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I have surely heard Ephraim grieving, 'You have chastised me, andI was chastised, Like an untrained calf; Bring me back thatI may be restored, For You are the LORD my God.
- Jer 46:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "O Jacob My servant, do not fear ," declares the LORD, "ForI am with you. ForI will make a full end of all the nations WhereI have driven you, YetI will not make a full end of you; ButI will correct you properly And by no means leave you unpunished ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yacar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".