The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 1Ch 10:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then said Saul to his armourbearer, Draw thy sword, and thrust me through therewith; lest these uncircumcised come and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. So Saul took a sword, and fell upon it.
- 1Ch 13:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shallI bring the ark of God home to me?
- 1Ch 16:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised: he also is to be feared above all gods.
- 1Ch 17:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And what one nation in the earth is like thy people Israel, whom God went to redeem to be his own people, to make thee a name of greatness and terribleness, by driving out nations from before thy people, whom thou hast redeemed out of Egypt?
- 1Ch 22:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then shalt thou prosper, if thou takest heed to fulfil the statutes and judgments which the LORD charged Moses with concerning Israel: be strong, and of good courage; dread not, nor be dismayed.
- 1Ch 28:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".