The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 1Ki 1:50 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Adonijah feared because of Solomon, and arose, and went, and caught hold on the horns of the altar.
- 1Ki 1:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it was told Solomon, saying, Behold, Adonijah feareth king Solomon: for, lo, he hath caught hold on the horns of the altar, saying, Let king Solomon swear unto me to day that he will not slay his servant with the sword.
- 1Ki 3:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment.
- 1Ki 8:40 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That they may fear thee all the days that they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.
- 1Ki 8:43 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Hear thou in heaven thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for: that all people of the earth may know thy name, to fear thee, as do thy people Israel; and that they may know that this house, whichI have builded, is called by thy name.
- 1Ki 17:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
- 1Ki 18:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it shall come to pass, as soon asI am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whitherI know not; and so whenI come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: butI thy servant fear the LORD from my youth.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".