The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 2Ch 6:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That they may fear thee, to walk in thy ways, so long as they live in the land which thou gavest unto our fathers.
- 2Ch 6:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then hear thou from the heavens, even from thy dwelling place, and do according to all that the stranger calleth to thee for; that all people of the earth may know thy name, and fear thee, as doth thy people Israel, and may know that this house whichI have built is called by thy name.
- 2Ch 20:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
- 2Ch 20:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's.
- 2Ch 20:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you,O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
- 2Ch 32:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:
- 2Ch 32:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then they cried with a loud voice in the Jews' speech unto the people of Jerusalem that were on the wall, to affright them, and to trouble them; that they might take the city.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".