The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 9 Verses|
- 2Sa 1:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David said unto him, How wast thou not afraid to stretch forth thine hand to destroy the LORD'S anointed?
- 2Sa 3:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he could not answer Abner a word again, because he feared him.
- 2Sa 6:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David was afraid of the LORD that day, and said, How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?
- 2Sa 7:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods?
- 2Sa 9:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David said unto him, Fear not: forI will surely shew thee kindness for Jonathan thy father's sake, and will restore thee all the land of Saul thy father; and thou shalt eat bread at my table continually.
- 2Sa 10:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when all the kings that were servants to Hadarezer saw that they were smitten before Israel, they made peace with Israel, and served them. So the Syrians feared to help the children of Ammon any more.
- 2Sa 12:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it came to pass on the seventh day, that the child died. And the servants of David feared to tell him that the child was dead: for they said, Behold, while the child was yet alive, we spake unto him, and he would not hearken unto our voice: how will he then vex himself, if we tell him that the child is dead?
- 2Sa 13:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now Absalom had commanded his servants, saying, Mark ye now when Amnon's heart is merry with wine, and whenI say unto you, Smite Amnon; then kill him, fear not: have notI commanded you? be courageous, and be valiant.
- 2Sa 14:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore thatI am come to speak of this thing unto my lord the king, it is because the people have made me afraid: and thy handmaid said, I will now speak unto the king; it may be that the king will perform the request of his handmaid.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".