The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Ec 3:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
- Ec 5:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For in the multitude of dreams and many words there are also divers vanities: but fear thou God.
- Ec 8:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surelyI know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
- Ec 12:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
- Ec 12:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".