The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Jon 1:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the mariners were afraid, and cried every man unto his god, and cast forth the wares that were in the ship into the sea, to lighten it of them. But Jonah was gone down into the sides of the ship; and he lay, and was fast asleep.
- Jon 1:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then were the men exceedingly afraid, and said unto him, Why hast thou done this? For the men knew that he fled from the presence of the LORD, because he had told them.
- Jon 1:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the men feared the LORD exceedingly, and offered a sacrifice unto the LORD, and made vows.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".