The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 10 Verses|
- Jos 4:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- On that day the LORD magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life.
- Jos 4:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.
- Jos 8:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise, go up to Ai: see, I have given into thy hand the king of Ai, and his people, and his city, and his land:
- Jos 9:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they answered Joshua, and said, Because it was certainly told thy servants, how that the LORD thy God commanded his servant Moses to give you all the land, and to destroy all the inhabitants of the land from before you, therefore we were sore afraid of our lives because of you, and have done this thing.
- Jos 10:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That they feared greatly, because Gibeon was a great city, as one of the royal cities, and because it was greater than Ai, and all the men thereof were mighty.
- Jos 10:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear them not: forI have delivered them into thine hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee.
- Jos 10:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Joshua said unto them, Fear not, nor be dismayed, be strong and of good courage: for thus shall the LORD do to all your enemies against whom ye fight.
- Jos 11:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the LORD said unto Joshua, Be not afraid because of them: for to morrow about this time willI deliver them up all slain before Israel: thou shalt hough their horses, and burn their chariots with fire.
- Jos 22:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the LORD hath made Jordan a border between us and you, ye children of Reuben and children of Gad; ye have no part in the LORD: so shall your children make our children cease from fearing the LORD.
- Jos 24:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".