The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Mal 1:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: forI am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.
- Mal 2:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- My covenant was with him of life and peace; andI gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
- Mal 3:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI will come near to you to judgment; andI will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.
- Mal 4:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Behold,I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".