The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3372|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)ry|| ||Yare'|
| ||afraid, dreadful, fear, fearful, misc, reverence, terrible, terrible acts, terrible thing|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 10 Verses|
- Ne 1:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And said, I beseech thee,O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
- Ne 1:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- O Lord,I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant, and to the prayer of thy servants, who desire to fear thy name: and prosper, I pray thee, thy servant this day, and grant him mercy in the sight of this man. ForI was the king's cupbearer.
- Ne 2:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad, seeing thou art not sick? this is nothing else but sorrow of heart. ThenI was very sore afraid,
- Ne 4:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI looked, and rose up, and said unto the nobles, and to the rulers, and to the rest of the people, Be not ye afraid of them: remember the Lord, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses.
- Ne 6:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore,O God, strengthen my hands.
- Ne 6:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore was he hired, thatI should be afraid, and do so, and sin, and that they might have matter for an evil report, that they might reproach me.
- Ne 6:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- My God, think thou upon Tobiah and Sanballat according to these their works, and on the prophetess Noadiah, and the rest of the prophets, that would have put me in fear.
- Ne 6:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also they reported his good deeds before me, and uttered my words to him. And Tobiah sent letters to put me in fear.
- Ne 7:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThatI gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many.
- Ne 9:32 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore, our God, the great, the mighty, and the terrible God, who keepest covenant and mercy, let not all the trouble seem little before thee, that hath come upon us, on our kings, on our princes, and on our priests, and on our prophets, and on our fathers, and on all thy people, since the time of the kings of Assyria unto this day.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yare'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".