The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 340|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||by)|| ||'ayab|
| ||enemies, enemies', enemy, enemy to your enemies, enemy's, foes|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- 1Ki 3:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- God said to him, "Because you have asked this thing and have not asked for yourself long life, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have you asked for the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself discernment to understand justice,
- 1Ki 8:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "When Your people Israel are defeated before an enemy, because they have sinned against You, if they turn to You again and confess Your name and pray and make supplication to You in this house,
- 1Ki 8:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "If there is famine in the land, if there is pestilence, if there is blight or mildew, locust or grasshopper, if their enemy besieges them in the land of their cities, whatever plague, whatever sickness there is,
- 1Ki 8:44 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "When Your people go out to battle against their enemy, by whatever way You shall send them, and they pray to the LORD toward the city which You have chosen and the house whichI have built for Your name,
- 1Ki 8:46 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "When they sin against You (for there is no man who does not sin) and You are angry with them and deliver them to an enemy, so that they take them away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near;
- 1Ki 8:48 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- if they return to You with all their heart and with all their soul in the land of their enemies who have taken them captive, and pray to You toward their land which You have given to their fathers, the city which You have chosen, and the house whichI have built for Your name;
- 1Ki 21:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Ahab said to Elijah, "Have you found me,O my enemy ?" And he answered, "I have found you, because you have sold yourself to do evil in the sight of the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ayab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".