The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 340|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||by)|| ||'ayab|
| ||enemies, enemies', enemy, enemy to your enemies, enemy's, foes|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- 2Ch 6:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "If Your people Israel are defeated before an enemy because they have sinned against You, and they return to You and confess Your name, and pray and make supplication before You in this house,
- 2Ch 6:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "If there is famine in the land, if there is pestilence, if there is blight or mildew, if there is locust or grasshopper, if their enemies besiege them in the land of their cities, whatever plague or whatever sickness there is,
- 2Ch 6:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "When Your people go out to battle against their enemies, by whatever way You shall send them, and they pray to You toward this city which You have chosen and the house whichI have built for Your name,
- 2Ch 6:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "When they sin against You (for there is no man who does not sin) and You are angry with them and deliver them to an enemy, so that they take them away captive to a land far off or near,
- 2Ch 20:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Every man of Judah and Jerusalem returned with Jehoshaphat at their head, returning to Jerusalem with joy, for the LORD had made them to rejoice over their enemies.
- 2Ch 20:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the dread of God was on all the kingdoms of the lands when they heard that the LORD had fought against the enemies of Israel.
- 2Ch 25:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But if you do go, do it, be strong for the battle; yet God will bring you down before the enemy, for God has power to help and to bring down ."
- 2Ch 26:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Under their direction was an elite army of 307,500, who could wage war with great power, to help the king against the enemy.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ayab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".