The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 340|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||by)|| ||'ayab|
| ||enemies, enemies', enemy, enemy to your enemies, enemy's, foes|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Es 7:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Esther said, "A foe and an enemy is this wicked Haman !" Then Haman became terrified before the king and queen.
- Es 8:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- A copy of the edict to be issued as law in each and every province was published to all the peoples, so that the Jews would be ready for this day to avenge themselves on their enemies.
- Es 9:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now in the twelfth month (that is, the month Adar ), on the thirteenth day when the king's command and edict were about to be executed, on the day when the enemies of the Jews hoped to gain the mastery over them, it was turned to the contrary so that the Jews themselves gained the mastery over those who hated them.
- Es 9:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus the Jews struck all their enemies with the sword, killing and destroying; and they did what they pleased to those who hated them.
- Es 9:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now the rest of the Jews who were in the king's provinces assembled, to defend their lives and rid themselves of their enemies, and kill 75,000 of those who hated them; but they did not lay their hands on the plunder.
- Es 9:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- because on those days the Jews rid themselves of their enemies, and it was a month which was turned for them from sorrow into gladness and from mourning into a holiday; that they should make them days of feasting and rejoicing and sending portions of food to one another and gifts to the poor.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ayab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".