The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 340|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||by)|| ||'ayab|
| ||enemies, enemies', enemy, enemy to your enemies, enemy's, foes|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Jud 2:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The anger of the LORD burned against Israel, and He gave them into the hands of plunderers who plundered them; and He sold them into the hands of their enemies around them, so that they could no longer stand before their enemies.
- Jud 2:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When the LORD raised up judges for them, the LORD was with the judge and delivered them from the hand of their enemies all the days of the judge; for the LORD was moved to pity by their groaning because of those who oppressed and afflicted them.
- Jud 3:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He said to them, "Pursue them, for the LORD has given your enemies the Moabites into your hands ." So they went down after him and seized the fords of the Jordan opposite Moab, and did not allow anyone to cross.
- Jud 5:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus let all Your enemies perish, O LORD; But let those who love Him be like the rising of the sun in its might ." And the land was undisturbed for forty years.
- Jud 8:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus the sons of Israel did not remember the LORD their God, who had delivered them from the hands of all their enemies on every side;
- Jud 11:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So she said to him, "My father, you have given your word to the LORD; do to me as you have said, since the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the sons of Ammon ."
- Jud 16:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now the lords of the Philistines assembled to offer a great sacrifice to Dagon their god, and to rejoice, for they said, "Our god has given Samson our enemy into our hands ."
- Jud 16:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When the people saw him, they praised their god, for they said, "Our god has given our enemy into our hands, Even the destroyer of our country, Who has slain many of us."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ayab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".