The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 340|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||by)|| ||'ayab|
| ||enemies, enemies', enemy, enemy to your enemies, enemy's, foes|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Mic 2:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Recently My people have arisen as an enemy -- You strip the robe off the garment From unsuspecting passers-by, From those returned from war.
- Mic 4:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Writhe and labor to give birth, Daughter of Zion, Like a woman in childbirth; For now you will go out of the city, Dwell in the field, And go to Babylon. There you will be rescued; There the LORD will redeem you From the hand of your enemies.
- Mic 5:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Your hand will be lifted up against your adversaries, And all your enemies will be cut off.
- Mic 7:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For son treats father contemptuously, Daughter rises up against her mother, Daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; A man's enemies are the men of his own household.
- Mic 7:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Do not rejoice over me,O my enemy. ThoughI fallI will rise; ThoughI dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me.
- Mic 7:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then my enemy will see, And shame will cover her who said to me, "Where is the LORD your God ?" My eyes will look on her; At that time she will be trampled down Like mire of the streets.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'ayab". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".