The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3566|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||#rwk|| ||Kowresh|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ezr 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying:
- Ezr 1:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, 'The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
- Ezr 1:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also King Cyrus brought out the articles of the house of the LORD, which Nebuchadnezzar had carried away from Jerusalem and put in the house of his gods;
- Ezr 1:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and Cyrus, king of Persia, had them brought out by the hand of Mithredath the treasurer, and he counted them out to Sheshbazzar, the prince of Judah.
- Ezr 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then they gave money to the masons and carpenters, and food, drink and oil to the Sidonians and to the Tyrians, to bring cedar wood from Lebanon to the sea at Joppa, according to the permission they had from Cyrus king of Persia.
- Ezr 4:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Zerubbabel and Jeshua and the rest of the heads of fathers' households of Israel said to them, "You have nothing in common with us in building a house to our God; but we ourselves will together build to the LORD God of Israel, as King Cyrus, the king of Persia has commanded us."
- Ezr 4:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and hired counselors against them to frustrate their counsel all the days of Cyrus king of Persia, even until the reign of Darius king of Persia.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Kowresh". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".