The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 3566|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||#rwk|| ||Kowresh|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ezr 1:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,
- Ezr 1:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
- Ezr 1:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also Cyrus the king brought forth the vessels of the house of the LORD, which Nebuchadnezzar had brought forth out of Jerusalem, and had put them in the house of his gods;
- Ezr 1:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Even those did Cyrus king of Persia bring forth by the hand of Mithredath the treasurer, and numbered them unto Sheshbazzar, the prince of Judah.
- Ezr 3:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They gave money also unto the masons, and to the carpenters; and meat, and drink, and oil, unto them of Zidon, and to them of Tyre, to bring cedar trees from Lebanon to the sea of Joppa, according to the grant that they had of Cyrus king of Persia.
- Ezr 4:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Zerubbabel, and Jeshua, and the rest of the chief of the fathers of Israel, said unto them, Ye have nothing to do with us to build an house unto our God; but we ourselves together will build unto the LORD God of Israel, as king Cyrus the king of Persia hath commanded us.
- Ezr 4:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And hired counsellors against them, to frustrate their purpose, all the days of Cyrus king of Persia, even until the reign of Darius king of Persia.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Kowresh". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".